Magnavox M 4
The Magnavox M-4 iHorn is made from a Magnavox Radio Horn which was driven by its M-4 driver. It was made in 1924 and reflects its roaring age. It patina is unparalleled.
In 1910 Magnavox started as "Commercial Wireless & Development Company" at Napa, California. In 1915, Magnavox put a horn to their "telephone receiver with moving-coil system" and then used it as a "Fog-Horn" for the local baseball park. It was called the “Magna Vox” which was latin for “Great Voice.” In 1917, the Company changed its name to Magnavox. Magnavox introduced its first tube radios in 1920, and continued to manufacture electronics until the 1980’s when it merged with Phillips.
Appropriately, the Magnavox logo is the lion head roaring. The M-4 is a product of the roaring twenties. The Roaring 20s was a period of sustained economic prosperity with a distinctive cultural edge in the United States. The decade was known as the Crazy Years. It was the an era emphasizing social, artistic and cultural dynamism. Jazz music blossomed, the flapper redefined the modern look for women, and Art Deco peaked
The Magnavoc M-4 is a wonderful piece which represents it era to perfection. No longer a youthful flapper, it remains in the height of fashion. So sit back and enjoy a period which revolutionized the world.